Sunday, December 31, 2006

Random Encounter: Cafe Laurel Heights - Russets from Ketchum, Idaho

12/27/06 Rich & Jean Russet, Ketcham, Idaho, the original potato heads were visiting SF. I turned to Rich (Jean was messin' with her laptop) & introduced myself.
-Have you made your new year's resolution yet?
-No. Have you?
-Yes. I'm perfecting the art of the put-down a la Groucho Marx.
They were intrigued. Of course, I has only half-kidding about the need to put down the enlarged egos in this stretch of Presidio Heights.
-We're not from here--we live in Ketcham. I found out they live next door to the descendants of Ernest Hemingway: Jack, Muriel, Muffy, Joan.
-I play tennis with Jack, the son?
-Isn't he dead, I asked?
But I guess the great thing about playing tennis with a dead man is you always win, right? We shared a laugh & the potato heads were out the door!
Happy 2007!

No comments: